Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Addressing The Thyroid Challenge
Amongst the other common illnesses, thyroid is another alarming disease that is found in most of the population, especially females on a larger scale. The growing incidence of thyroid is very surprisingly related to our lifestyle. Excessive or poor secretion of hormones in the glands leads to a lot of issues in the human body.
Malfunction of the thyroid gland leads to issues with metabolism as well as the manufacture of proteins.
The thyroid – a small gland in the neck, located just underneath the Adam’s apple – has two main functions which are essential to the health of the human body: to maintain the proper concentration of calcium ions in the blood stream and to regulate metabolism, including the digestion and processing of proteins. Many of us don’t even realise we are suffering from this ailment unless we face certain extreme health conditions. It’s very important to understand the symptoms before any actual suffering.
• Hyperthyroidism: (high production of thyroid hormones): hyperactivity, mood swings, insomnia, chronic tiredness, muscle weakness, sensitivity to heat, unexplained weight loss, loss of interest insex.
• Hypothyroidism (low production of thyroid hormones): unexpected weight gain, tiredness, depression, sensitivity to cold, dry skin and hair, muscleaches.
• Increased water intake: Water is the whole and sole nutrient that helps regulate all the body mechanisms and processes neatly. Similarly, to ensure a healthy thyroid balance having 10-12 glasses of water a day is a necessity. Researchers have also stated that ensuring a good quantity water intake has proven weight loss as well in many hypothyroidismpatients.
• Vitamin A: Proper functioning of the thyroid gland and treatment from any imbalance in the hormonal levels is taken care off by Vitamin A. Rich sources are carrots, green leafy vegetables, pumpkins etc. which can be easily available in themarket.
• Walnuts: Walnuts are considered a power house of Omega 3 fatty acids and also provide the required amount of iodine to the gland for regulation and treatment of thyroid issues. A handful in the daily diet should suffice for the daily requirements.
• Flax Seeds: Flax seeds and flax seed oil is another rich product in omega 3 fatty acids that help in regulating the thyroid functions and work in case of any crisis. Sprinkling flax seed powder over fruits and salad preparations is one great idea of incorporation in the daily diet.
• Ginger: Ginger can be included in herbal tea, chewed raw or can be incorporated in vegetables. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties plus a power house of minerals like potassium, zinc and magnesium.
• Coconut oil: The fatty acid in coconut oil helps in the working of thyroid glands. It also brings a good change in the metabolism that lowers down the thyroid problems. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil to milk and have it in breakfast.
• Fish oils: Fish oils have proved to increase immunity and fight inflammation. It is also well known to reduce thyroid problems. It contains the best natural minerals and organic elements that cure thyroid from within.
We are all aware about the fact that how fit our ancestors were and that’s because they were quite chilled out and never took stress about ...
Amongst the other common illnesses, thyroid is another alarming disease that is found in most of the population, especially females o...
A big shout out to all you girls out there for those days when you are feeling low, need a day off from work but can’t, have mood swings...